Monday, July 20, 2009

I love this album cover



I love the cover of Hem's album No Word From Tom. It's just such a great image (be sure to click on the image to see a much larger version). It's great because it really seems to make you want to ask questions like "Is that a photo or a painting?"; "Who is that girl?" (though it does look a bit like Sally Ellyson, the band's lead singer); "What is she doing on the bed?"; "What is her mood?" I don't know, I just think it's great and would love to get a large size version to hang on the wall.

Oh, and while I still haven't gotten around to buying the album, I'm sure the music is great too.

1 comment:

SMarge said...

I'm looking forward to listening to this one. I like the album cover also! She seems so dreamy and deep in thought. I love how my eye is drawn from the music sheets on the bed and then how her leg directs you to look at the sheet on the floor. My favorite bit is the bedspread and blue and white china tea cup... and what is that picture above her window?