Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Southern Proper Duck Camo Frat Hat

Tonight I happened to glance at the Southern Proper website and noticed that they are now offering a Duck Camo Frat Hat. Previously, Southern Proper's only camo offering was in what appears to be some type of Realtree or Mossy Oak camo. As someone who doesn't really do any deer hunting, I was hoping that they might eventually offer an alternative, preferably in something similar to the "old school" duck camo that was popular from the 1940s through the 1980s. Well, ask and ye shall receive.


I also noticed that they're offering a Frat Hat in waxed cotton. This looks like this would also be a great hat, even in the duck blind. Especially on those cold, rainy days.























Both hats can be purchased from the Southern Proper website for $25 each (along with the original camo Frat Hat). 

4 comments:

JRS said...

I like 'em both. Nice to have you back. I thought you were dead.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Anything with a dog on it is awesome. Good to see you back on the screen again.

Anonymous said...

What has happened to this thing... er'body be tumblin' but I liked these blogs. Nowadays redclaysoul is focused on the commercial kickbacks from his blog, you don't update at all, dreams of perfection went metro, SouthernGent dropped off the face of the earth, my favorite, Duck is tumblin (barely). These blogs used to be so prolific. Why did everyone up and leave?

trip said...

Anon-

I can't speak for the others, but for me, I would say a couple of things happened. One, at my previous job, which I had for the past three years, I wrote 100+ page reports every day, so by the time I got home, I didn't really feel like sitting down and spending an hour or two writing a blog post.

Two, my interest in style, which was a major piece of my content, has waned a bit. While I still find it interesting, and occasionally read about it, I'm pretty set in my style, and my wardrobe, and don't really buy much new stuff.

And three, I would say, to some extent, life happens, and there are other things that I would rather spend my time doing than updating my blog. I just don't find it personally as enjoyable as I used to.

I appreciate your thoughts and taking the time to ask. Maybe one day I'll put some effort back into it, but we'll see.