Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nantucket Red Jeans Update...sort of

Some of you may remember my post last October about the RL Rugby Faded Colored Denim and my thoughts on making my own pair of Nantucket Red jeans from a pair of plain white jeans. Well, I still haven't ever gotten around to that, but it looks like I may not have to.

Tonight I found myself on the Urban Outfitter website--not a place that I typically visit. In going through some of their stuff, I saw that they are selling Levi's 514s in orange "Sun Fade." These look really similar to the ones being offered by Rugby, and at $54, are literally half the price. For those who like a slimmer-fitting jean, the 514 is also a good cut.

6 comments:

J.P. said...

Dude, I love reds too, but they are expensive. I have been looking at cheaper alternative lately as well.

Charles said...

The whiskers are regrettable but you can't have everything I guess.

DAM said...

I have found 514 to be the ideal cut. If you want a straight leg, low rise, try 'em on and ignor the slim straight tag. They are like 501's with a lower rise.

Anonymous said...

These are going to force me to go to Urban Outfitters. Look what you did.

Kent said...

I have no use for jeans in anything but blue denim. I've even tried khaki jeans...I just couldn't manage to find any excuse to wear them. I'd always be better off in blue jeans or khakis.

Eyeshadow Colour said...

Gorgeous color!