Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shameless Self-Promotion

If you have been reading this blog for very long, you might know that I am currently in graduate school working towards a Masters degree in Real Estate Development. It is a two year program and I will be finishing up this May. If you have been reading any publication printed in the last six months, you will know that real estate is about the worst career field to be trying to find a job in right now. Since I get about 200 people visiting my blog on any given day, I figured I would try to see if it might be able to help me out.

I am trying to find a full-time job in real estate development, real estate investment, or asset management. I am currently looking to stay in the Southeast (not surprising based on the blog title, eh?), and more specifically, I am looking at Birmingham, Greenville (South Carolina), Charleston, Atlanta and D.C. If you happen to work in real estate in any of these cities, or know anyone I should get in touch with, I would love to hear from you. I realize that a lot of companies don't have any actual jobs opening at this point, but I would definitely be interested in just making some contacts. Of course, I have a resume that I can provide via email. Anyways, thanks for reading.

7 comments:

RHW said...

Trip, have you checked out Richard Davis at Trademark Properties in Charleston? You know they did that Flip This House on A&E and then The Real Estate Pros" on TLC a year or so ago...pretty good residential RE brokerage firm, might be something you could look at. Tell Ginger I said "Hi."

Patrick said...

200 a day? Wow. You're quite the propaganda machine. I say pursue a career in real estate blogging.

Anonymous said...

http://www.treas.gov/tarpjobs/

I know its the govt, but this could be a good oppprtunity.

Im in the first year of a two year real estate development program in DC, this came from the Dean.

Good Luck.

trip said...

Anon,

Thanks for the tip, it is definitely something I am going to explore. We have had a number of speakers who worked for the RTC back in the days of the S&L crisis, and they have all said that whenever the government comes up with the equivalent program for our current situation, it is something that we should look into, so this looks like this is going to be it.

Valerie said...

looks like we're kind of in the same boat. I'm currently studying for my real estate license. Everyone thinks I'm crazy because the market's so bad. It's something I've always wanted to do. The girls are getting older, taylor will be driving this summer and won't need me to chauffer her around everywhere, so why not?? I should be taking the exam late May.

trip said...

Valerie,

Congrats on the real estate license. Who knows, you may be hitting the market just right. At the very least, spring/early summer is a great time for home buying, so that is good. Is Randy going to help you out?

Anonymous said...

I worked at an investment bank in Birmingham for a short internship. You heard of Founders Investment Banking? They also have a real estate fund that does sale-leasebacks and the like. Check them out: www.foundersib.com