Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Eastland blucher mocs...kind of

Tonight I had some time to kill so I swung by the Ross in Decatur to see if I could find some socks (over-the-calf socks are hard to track down). While I was there, I saw a couple of pairs of these Eastland blucher mocs on the shoe rack and went in for a closer look.

They seemed to be at least comparable to the pair of Bean blucher mocs I was wearing at the time, if not a little better. "Made in China"--disappointing but not a dealbreaker. They were labeled size 10 and since I usually wear a 9 or 9.5, I figured they were worth a try. I was surprised at how snug they seemed, but I chalked it up to the pair of socks I was wearing, and for $17, I figured it was worth it.

Well, upon getting home, I removed the tag and tried them on again. Really, they were pretty snug, so I looked at the tag again. It did indeed read "10M"...."WOMEN'S." Oops. Chalk that one up to the androgynous nature of preppy clothing. So they won't seem to work with socks, but without socks I think that they will actually be alright. I'm going to give them a shot at least.

7 comments:

DAM said...

Now you just need to get th em knotted up as demonstrated here:

http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2009/10/knot-so-fast.html

trip said...

DAM-
You know, I'm just not really a fan of the Eastland knot. I find it kind of effeminate, but that's just my opinion.

JMW said...

Too funny! I remember wearing Eastland Bluchers in high school - all girls-school, uniforms, etc. Then I switched to the Bean slip-on mocs. Loved those shoes.

Anonymous said...

Ironic the guy wearing women's shoes can consider something effeminate....they should stretch out though.

trip said...

Anonymous-
Haha, touché.

Mr Ryan said...

Sounds like I need to check out this Ross in Decatur!

RHW said...

My MEN'S size 11D Eastland tan Falmouths arrived today and they are a tad snug. I believe these are true to size, perhaps they just snug up like a moc should. I'm going to warm them up at home later this evening and see how they do.