Sunday, June 15, 2008

No Reservations...

Although I don't have cable at my apartment, I enjoy coming back to my parents house for a weekend to watch the television shows that have been accumulating on the Tivo. Lately, my favorite show has been Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. It is a highly entertaining show, combining various culinary adventures with Bourdain's sarcastic, cynical personality. It also allows me to vicariously travel to places that I likely never will go, which is great, though his portrayal of Japan has really made me want to go there. If you've never seen it, I would recommend checking it out on the Travel Channel some time.

Attached is a clip from the episode where he went to Vegas. I really enjoyed this episode because he really captured my feelings on Vegas after going out there this past October.

2 comments:

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Bourdain is good. On a recent visit to Peru, I visited Astrid & Gaston in Lima on his recommendation. I'm glad I did.

trip said...

LBT,

Good to hear from you. Thank you for your interesting comment. While watching the show I have often wondered how hard it is to track down the places that Bourdain eats at since they often seem to be off the beaten path (to say the least). I am glad to know that it's possible.