Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer in Charleston

After four months of rejection from 31 companies, I finally nailed down an internship for the summer. Obviously this is a bad time to be trying to find a job in the real estate development sector, but I never imagined that it would be as bad as it was. I will be down Charleston (Mt. Pleasant, technically) working for a company called Avtex Commercial. It should be fun and I'm looking forward to getting down there this week.

Here are some photos from around the Charleston area that I took when we were down there for a class trip back in May. Hope you enjoy.

A view down the beach at Kiawah Island


A view of the Charleston peninsula from the old town part of Mt. Pleasant


A view of the marsh at I'on


A view of the old plantation house (which has been restored) at The Ponds development in Summerville


A dock on the marsh at the Beresford Hall development

2 comments:

Tucker said...

Beautiful pictures, Trip. You can't beat the lowcountry. Enjoy your time in Charleston.

"To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, "There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood." - Pat Conroy, The Prince of Tides

trip said...

Thank you, sir, it should be fun. Also, as for that quote, I just heard it the other day because there is a reading of it on the website for Palmetto Bluff (which is an awesome place, by the way). http://www.palmetto-bluff.com/home.html