Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Trip to D.C. (or: How Many Times Can I Use the Title of My Blog as the Basis for a Pithy Post Title?)


This is not my photo. It is a sweet HDR photo of the Capitol by a flickr user named NearDC

Having finished up my second to last semester of grad school yesterday, I set out early tomorrow morning for D.C. I am going to visit one of my best friends from college, as well as to try to see if I can't round up a job for when I graduate in May (or at least make some good contacts). I have a pretty decent itinerary shaping up, and I've got three meetings and a phone meeting scheduled with some D.C.-area real estate folks, so hopefully things should go well. I love D.C. around this time of year, so even if the job stuff doesn't pan out, it will be nice to be up there.

For the drive up I have a the past two episodes of This American Life which I haven't listened to yet. I also got audiobooks of When You Are Engulfed in Flames and Naked by David Sedaris from the Clemson Library (at least I am getting some of my tuition money's worth in terms of checking out books for pleasure reading, or listening, in this case).

While up in D.C. I also hope to maybe stop by Denim Bar. It's not like I have any money to spend on jeans (I am, in fact, now into my "cushion fund," which is slightly disconcerting), but I would be nice to finally pay a visit to that place.

Anyways, I'm not sure how many posts I'll make while up there (not that you, dear reader, have exactly come to expect new posts on a regular basis, for which I hope you will forgive me), but I will at least return with lots of good pictures.

3 comments:

DAM said...

Trip -

DC is wonderful this time of year, no doubt, and I think you'd like the following places if you have time to check them out:
1. Rugby, pretty obvious, but the cafe attached is actually pretty tasty.
2. Sherman Pickey up Wisconsin.
3. J. McLaughlin on M Street
4. The Bar at the recently reopened Jockey Club

Just a few thoughts -

DAM

Unknown said...

Forget Denim Bar. If you want to spend insane amounts of money on jeans, go to RRL next to rugby. It's RL's custom denim/western place. It is beyond cool

Anonymous said...

Love the Rugby shop in G-Town. There are much better places to grab lunch and a beer on the main strip and that are more affordable than the Rugby Cafe. Also I would check out the Patagonia Shop which I think is just a block over. I highly recommend the Brickskeller (or something like that). It is in the Dupont area and they have over 1300 different types of beer to choose from and not bad food. By the way, I am new to this blog and found it through A Continuous Lean and I absolutely love it. Keep up the good work.