Thursday, April 30, 2009

63rd Running of the Block House Steeplechase



Two Saturdays ago I rode up to Tryon, NC with some friends to attend the 63rd annual Block House Steeplechase. While perhaps a little more casual that the Iroquois Steeplechase, and not nearly as fratty as the Carolina Cup, the Block House was a lot of fun. We had fantastic weather and I'd love to go again next year. It is also fairly affordable compared to the other two. Here are some photographic highlights (since that's obviously what you're here for):


A view of the finish line from our tailgate spot


Another view from the tailgate spot


Some of the hounds that were paraded around before the races started


Part of our motley crew


A shot of Ralph's sweet pants


Charles, probably doing something badass


Two of at least a half-dozen Mercedes station wagons that I saw

2 comments:

Paul said...

Looks like fun... I'll be at the Iroquois Steeplechase next weekend. I get more excited for that day every year, more than my birthday probably!

heavy tweed jacket said...

Great looking weather and jolly looking tailgate. Did anyone venture a little flutter?