Monday, July 21, 2008

Hot women and Land Rovers: A Match Made in Heaven



Since being in Charleston, I have begun to notice an inordinate amount of hot women driving Land Rovers. This is really a fantastic trend, and one that I hope continues. I'm not sure what it is about that magical combination, but like beer and pizza, it really couldn't get much better. What makes the phenomenon better is that these mysterious women (I have never, in fact, met a woman who drives a Land Rover) do not seem to have a preference for a particular model of Land Rover. Some of them drive Discoveries, some drive Range Rovers, and I'm sure I've seen some driving LR3's (nouveau riche, likely). I can't remember if I have seen the white rhino of their kind, a woman driving a Defender, but let's pray that she's out there somewhere. I should also note that, as demonstrated in the picture, wearing aviators while driving a Land Rover manages to increase the hotness factor exponentially. Let's just pray that these women continue to remain immune to rising gas prices.

A Note to Women:
If you are in the market for a new car, I hope that this post has been beneficial to you. While shopping for a car (the ultimate shopping trip?), I suspect that question has likely crossed your mind "Will I look cute in this car?" Obviously, this is an important question, but let me clear up some misconceptions. Men don't care if you're driving a Mini (no offense Jessica and Elisa), nor do they care, as some extremely misleading news stories have indicated, if you are trying to get great gas mileage by driving a Prius, and they absolutely hate to you see you driving a hot sports car with more horsepower than their own car. They really just want to see you in a Land Rover. "But those cars get terrible gas mileage!" you might say. Think of it this way: the worse gas mileage your car gets, the more successful of a doctor or lawyer (or developer) you are going to attract. And once you have caught his attention with the Rover, marriage is a sealed deal. So really, think of that all-time 4-wheel drive as an investment in your future.

*Generic hot girl photo courtesy of The Sartorialist
*Sweet Land Rover picture courtesy of this guy's website
*Awesome "Photoshopping" skills courtesy of me

13 comments:

Elisa M said...

Trip,
This post changed my life. I am going later, no now, to buy a landrover. Debt be damned-this thing is a husband machine! I mean, I thought college would be the ticket, nope. They I thought hip church-again no go. but a LAND ROVER!
why didn't you tell me this earlier...what on earth will I do with my Mini? (which-by the way,a lot of guys think is super hot...like Charlize Theron ala Italian Job, especially if you wear heals and drive fast and are blond.)

Thank you for this enlightening and earth conscious post. This has been a gift to women everywhere. Now what color should my leather seats be...?

trip said...

Glad I could be of help. Obviously, the leather seats should be tan.

Kim said...

If you've read about the drama of the Jetta, you may remember that a Land Rover is what J1 initially wanted when she turned 16 and we nixed it. Sheesh, to think we could've married her off by now. What were we thinking?

trip said...

MOTR,

Yes, it sounds like you might have been better off buying a Land Rover because, even though it would have spent just as much time in the shop as the Jetta, it would have been an investment in her future.

Petunia said...

You are a TRIP! ;-)

Unknown said...

Just came across your blog and am finding it very enjoyable. I am from Charleston originally and wanted to let you know, there is a girl that lives in Mt. P, just over the bridge from Sullivan's who in fact does drive a white D-90.

Anonymous said...

Hey yall, I have a white land rover discovery and i love it. I have aviators and yes I also own a 1997 green land rover defender that is in mint condition.

Anonymous said...

My extremely hot fashionista girlfriend drives my series 1 in preference to her own toyota. Jst thought you should know...:)

Unknown said...

My mate is selling his year old Range Rover HSE because his he and his wife have had far too many babies. My wife is an attractive lady and I think she'd look good in a Range Rover too. My mate has offThe question is, if I buy it, might I run the risk of having too many babies aswell?

trip said...

Stuart,
I do not believe that there has yet proven to be a direct correlation between attractive wives driving Land Rovers and the number of children they end up having, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was.

Anonymous said...

A woman driving a Defender.... here you the best car I have ever driven! Her name is Louisa the Defender by the way!

Anonymous said...

I am a lady who is about to buy a Defender....we are out there!

Justin said...

Trip - rest assured - I have seen women driving Defenders. And they are the hottest of them all.