Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wicked watch tan



I'm not sure when I decided to take pride in having a serious watch tan every summer, I believe it was probably some time back in college, but it is now one of my favorite annual traditions. It is also a tradition that makes my college roommate roll his eyes (he was the one who recently described my watch tan as "wicked"), but nevertheless, I look at it as a sign that summer is here and it serves as evidence that I have been trying to enjoy it. I also like to think of it as a tanning barometer; whenever I feel like I am not as dark as I would like to be, I am able to take my watch off and say "Hey, at least I not that white anymore." As you can likely see, at least as far as my forearms are concerned, I've got a nice bit of darkening going on, although it is going to take a few more days at the beach before I get everything else to be that color.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

this is unrelated to watch tans, but do you by chance read "garden & gun" magazine? everyone here at so pro adores it, and it reminds me of you.

trip said...

I'm familiar with it, but have never bought it. At first I was kind of put off by it because it looked fairly presumptuous and also looked like most of the stuff was out of my price range; however, after looking at some articles online, I think I am going to pick up an issue of it next time I see one at the store.

Anonymous said...

Trip, most of the articles are online at gardenandgun.com. Good stuff.

I'm not doing the watch tan this year since I started off the season at the beach (and I don't wear my watches -even the cheap ones- to the beach).