Friday, November 13, 2009

Cocktail hour


I don't know if you've taken a look at EJ Forbes' blog that is on my blog roll, but I've got to say that one of his best recurring topics if Cocktails. He features both classic cocktails (like the Manhattan and the Sidecar), as well as some new cocktails made with classic ingredients (like the Satan's Whiskers and the Orange Blossom). In addition to the recipe for each drink, there are great photos, and there's usually come entertaining prose, too.

My only complaint is that due to the way WordPress is set up, it is a bit difficult to navigate through just the cocktails. The easiest way I've found to look at all of them is to click on the "Cocktails" tag on the right side of his page. At this point they go back a good six pages, so be sure to go back to the beginning as the oldest posts were written last fall and thus the drinks are a good seasonal match. I'm sure that you'll be able to find something that should hit the spot when 5:00 rolls around today.

2 comments:

Ed Forbes said...

Thanks for the plug!

You should be able to find all the food and drink posts under the "Food and Drink" category in the right-hand sidebar drop-down.

That said, I think you've inspired me to create a separate cocktail category or, better, a cocktail page that links them all together.

Bottoms up.

trip said...

Yeah, I think that would be great. If there was someway where you could provide a list of all of those posts without having to go scroll through all of them, you'd be in business.