Monday, November 9, 2009

Mobley & Sons in Birmingham gets a face-life


It is no secret that Mobley & Sons is my favorite men's store in Birmingham. They carry some great labels, but manage to leave behind the pretentiousness that some other store seems to insist on carrying (I'm talking to you Harrison Limited and Shaia's).

When I was in the Magic City a couple of months ago, I drove past Mobley & Sons and saw that it appeared to be closed. Somewhat dismayed by this, I sadly chalked this up as another victim of the bad economy. However, to my pleasure, a couple of weeks ago I found out (via Facebook) that the store was not closed, but instead was going through some renovations, and boy does it look great. Hunt Mobley, the latest generation of the store's proprietors, has done a great job of giving the store a feel that matches its great merchandise. I especially like the leather couches and using the pool table to display shirts. Next time you are Birmingham I suggest stopping in, as that is exactly what I intend to do. Enjoy some photos:





All images courtesy of the Mobley & Sons page on Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you like about this store? I ask because I will be in Birmingham in the next couple of weeks.

trip said...

I think that they carry some good brands, and that their prices are definitely competitive. I'm not going to say you can't buy things cheaper somewhere else, but I don't think they're out to gouge anyone. While I can't really speak too much about the staff since I haven't been in there in a couple of years, I do know that Hunt is a nice guy and very helpful. And finally, they now have a really nice store to put all of this stuff in, so I'd say it's worth a stop. It is down in Crestline Village in Mountain Brook.