Sunday, February 7, 2010

$7.50 Sperry Topsiders

I had some time to kill the other night so I stopped by the thrift store. I was about to leave without finding anything when I spotted a pair of Topsiders.

Normally causal shoes (and really most shoes) at the thrift store are in less than desirable condition, but these Topsiders looked almost unworn. On top of that, they were my size, and only $7.50! So I snagged them, sprayed them with a little Lysol when I got home, and then were good to go the next day.

Very little wear on the sole
I've got a pair of the Authentic Originals in the classic dark brown with white soles, but I think that the pair is actually much easier to wear, and more practical during the colder months.

The footbeds were in good shape (the indentation is from my insole)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Great find!

Anonymous said...

Need to tie them right, knots go in the back...http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XR_tPHmGy6Q/SbivCgkhntI/AAAAAAAAAek/cpipYye9p64/s1600-h/DSC_0546.jpg

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

They must have been meant for you!

TWA said...

Man you always snag the best shoes! I am planning on buying my first authentic originals this week. I have these crazy madras ones but I need something more demure. Great find!

JMW said...

Very cool find!

RHW said...

The Sperry TS are really the only way to go in a boat shoe. I had the Timberland's very briefly and the Sebago Docksider's also briefly but neither matched the Sperry. I still have them in my closet.

trip said...

TWA-
The secret is dilligence.

RHW-
I actually think that the boat shoes that LL Bean offers are better, but the variety of colors Sperry offers are nice.

Petigru's Ghost said...

Love the color. It may be the picture but it doesn't look like any of the current offerings by Sperry. Any chance you know what color the shoe is?

trip said...

Keith-
They are most similar to the "Sahara w/honey outsoles" color, although they do differ because they have the gold-colored grommets instead of the darker ones. Can't really explain why they're different, but I like them.

Petigru's Ghost said...

Trip - I have the Sahara and the shoes look darker and the stitching is a different color. Very jealous. Keith

Nicholas said...

Is that imprint from a Birkenstock insole? If so, how are those?

trip said...

Nicholas-
Yes, they are Birkenstock insoles. I'm pretty impressed. I had actually been planning on doing a post on them, but in short, I would recommend them.

Kent said...

Tom: You don't really tie yours that way, do you? If so, why...?